For future reference.
For those who would ever need it. -C
reblogging here because i can see this being relevant to anyone who’s ever tried to get out of an abusive relationship
Reblogging because that last comment made me reread the whole thing in a new light and realize this could be vital information. So, putting it out there for everyone, and hoping no one ever really needs it.
DIY Ultimate Know Your Dress Shapes Guide Infographic from Enerie here. For examples of which designer made which silhouettes famous go to the link. For more ultimate guides from Enerie go here:
DIY Ultimate Know Your Skirts Guide Infographic from Enerie. For more very popular ultimate guides from Enerie go here:
- Know Your Nail Shapes and What’s Popular on Instagram Infographics.
- Fashion Pattern Vocabulary Part 1 Infographic.
- Fashion Pattern Vocabulary Part 2 Infographic.
- Know Your Sunglasses Infographic.
- Know Your Shoes Part 1 Infographic. Lobster Claws anyone?
- Know Your Shoes Part 2 Infographic.
- Know Your Necklines Infographic from Paper Blog.
- Know Your Hats Infographic.
- Know Your Collars and Cuffs Infographic.
- Know Your Necklines Infographic.
thIS INSPIRED ME TO ART
I thought I would update the list of BDSM links and resources I posted a while ago, as some links were no longer working and I had several new ones to add, including a list of books. These should be particularly helpful to those who are new to BDSM and looking to explore D/s relationships, as the best way to go about that is to first read everything you can and then read even more! Not only will this allow you to educate yourself, help keep you safe and avoid any potential mistakes or regrets, but also the more you understand something, the less intimidating it will seem.
If you have anything to add, please don’t hesitate to let me know and I will update this list, in particular if there any books that a submissive might find helpful or informative, as most of the books I have read or included are intended for Dominants.
Note: For the sake of consistency and readability, I have used capitals throughout this document and have not used lower case when referring to submissives or slaves.
- Babygirls ‘n’ Daddy Doms: Website dedicated to littles, babygirls and Daddy Doms, with a lot of useful information on the subject.
- Collarme: A free BDSM dating website and community, that is probably the most popular and a better option than the commercial alternatives.
- DS Arts: Academy of DS Arts, fairly self explanatory.
- Evil Monk: Ambrosio’s BDSM Website, featuring many useful articles.
- Fetlife: An online BDSM community that I would highly recommend and which is perhaps best described as Facebook for the kinky, allowing users to create a profile, publish photos or writing and join interest groups where you can ask questions.
- Kink Academy: An online resource with many educational and instructional videos on various aspects of BDSM, although users must pay a small fee to access all of the content.
- Submissive Guide: As the name suggests, this is an online resource for submissives.
- The Iron Gate: A general BDSM online resource, with many aticles, essays and even stories on the subject.
Dating and Relationships:
- 10 Principles For Healthy 24/7 D/s And M/s (Source: sexgeek.wordpress.com)
- Difference of Dynamics in BDSM (Source: the-little-kitten.tumblr.com)
- Finding Your Dominant (Source: asubmissivesjourney.com)
- How To Find A Partner (Source: Jack Rinella / leathernews.com)
- Initiating a Discussion About BDSM Interest with a Vanilla Partner Part 1 (Source: submissiveguide.com)
- Initiating a Discussion About BDSM Interest with a Vanilla Partner Part 2 (Source: submissiveguide.com)
- Initiating a Discussion About BDSM Interest with a Vanilla Partner Part 3 (Source: submissiveguide.com)
- So You Want Your Boyfriend To Dominate You (Source: domwithpen.tumblr.com)
- So Your Girlfriend Wants You To Dominate Her (Source: domwithpen.tumblr.com)
- The Unfortunate But Common Misconceptions About DD/lg Relationships (Source: a-lolitas-life.tumblr.com)
- Consent Is Mandatory And Non-Negotiable (Source: fortheloveofasub.tumblr.com)
- Food Play (Source: bdsmsadomasochism.tumblr.com)
- How (and Why) To Go Down On Your Submissive (Source: domwithpen.tumblr.com)
- Initial Steps Into Orgasm on Command Training (Source: submissiveguide.com)
- Rules and Tasks for Building Confidence (Source: themostdangerousplaything.tumblr.com)
- Tools of Consent in BDSM (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
- Training in D/s - Why? (Source: her-master.tumblr.com)
- Training in D/s - How? (Source: her-master.tumblr.com)
- Training in D/s - Thoughts And Concerns (Source: her-master.tumblr.com)
- Wax Play (Source: bdsmsadomasochism.tumblr.com)
- Basics Of Safe, Sane And Consensual Power Exchange (Source: Molly Devon / the-iron-gate.com)
- Common Sense (Source: Sean R. Powell / the-iron-gate.com)
- Emotional Safety (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
- Offline/Online BDSM Safety Rules (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
- Ouch Is Not A Safe Word: Safe Words, Limits, and Scene Protocol (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
- Rules For Meeting Strangers (Source: Jack Rinella / leathernews.com)
- Safewords and Safesigns 101 (Source: kinkology.tumblr.com)
- S.S.C. VS R.A.C.K. (Source: Justin Medlin / the-iron-gate.com)
Checklists, Communication and Negotiation:
- BDSM Play Partner Check List (Source: Sovereign House / the-iron-gate.com)
- BDSM Scene Negotiations (Source: daddyvinnie.tumblr.com)
- Can I Get That In Writing: Basics of Negotiations (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
- Communication (Source: submissivesupportgroup.tumblr.com)
- If I Ever See Another Checklist I Will Scream: An Extremely Thorough Play Checklist (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
- Negotiation Forms (Source: Jay Wiseman, SM 101: A Realistic Introduction / greenerypress.com)
- What Are Negotiations Good For? (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
Sub Drop and Aftercare:
- Aftercare for submissives (Source: Mistress Abode / brairthornblog.wordpress.com)
- Aftercare for Dominants (Source: Mistress Abode / brairthornblog.wordpress.com)
- Aftercare for Switches (Source: Mistress Abode / brairthornblog.wordpress.com)
- Emergency Self-Administered Aftercare (Source: Mistress Abode / brairthornblog.wordpress.com)
- Sub Drop (Source: David Williams / subshelpingsubs.tripod.com)
- Sub Drop and Aftercare (Source: desires-of-a-domimant-man.tumblr.com)
Dominance and Dominants:
- 7 Fundamental Characteristics of A Daddy Dominant (Source: sunnymegatron.com)
- A Dominant is NOT… (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
- Advice to a Novice Dom (Source: Washington Sexuality University / the-iron-gate.com)
- Advice to a Novice Dominant (Source: hisdarlinggirl.tumblr.com)
- An Open Letter To A Novice Dom (Source: evilmonk.org)
- Qualities of A Successful Dominant (Source: Polly Peachum / the-iron-gate.com)
- Daddy Doms: They’re Not What You Think (Source: edenfantasys.com)
- Domination for Nice Guys (Source: Franklin Veaux / the-iron-gate.com)
- How To Spot A Non Dominant (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
- Learning To Be A Dom (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
- Run Don’t Walk: Warning Signs of A Predator Dom/me Part 1 (Source: submissiveguide.com)
- Run Don’t Walk: Warning Signs of A Predator Dom/me Part 2 (Source: submissiveguide.com)
- Red Flags, Warning Signs, and Intuition: Learning to Trust You Instincts - Part One: Dominants (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
- The Dominant (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
- What Is A Daddy Dom? (Source: babygirlsndaddydoms.webs.com)
- What Makes A Good Dominant (Source: Kim Debron / kimdebron.tripod.com)
- What Should A Dominant Be (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
Submission and Submissives:
- 10 Considerations For Inexperienced Subs (Source: fortheloveofasub.tumblr.com)
- A Submissive Bill of Rights (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
- A Submissive’s Creed (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
- A Submissive’s Ethics (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
- Introduction To Submission (Source: Kim Debron / kimdebron.tripod.com)
- Learning to Trust Your Instincts (Source: bewildbetruebekinkybeyou.tumblr.com)
- Red Flags, Warning Signs, and Intuition: Learning to Trust You Instincts- Part 2: Submissives/Slaves (Source: the-iron-gate.com)
- Some Rules For The Submissive (Source: daddylookingforhisbaby.tumblr.com)
- Submissive Owner’s Manual (Source: youmadememe.tumblr.com)
- Ten Tips For The Novice, Heterosexual submissive Woman (Source: Jay Wiseman / the-iron-gate.com)
- Warning Signs for Submissives (Source: RC Bauer / the-iron-gate.com)
- What Is A Babygirl? (Source: babygirlsndaddydoms.webs.com)
- BDSM: The Naked Truth by Dr Charley Ferrer
- Dear Raven and Joshua: Questions and Answers About Master/Slave Relationships by Joshua Tenpenny and Raven Kaldera
- Devil in the Details I: The Art of Mastery, A Mentoring Trilogy - The Master, The Slave, The Power by LT Morrison
- Devil in the Details II: The Art of Mastery, A Mentoring Trilogy - Mastery Refine: The Issues, The Skills by LT Morrison
- Devil in the Details III: The Art of Mastery, A Mentoring Trilogy - Sustainable Structure and Traning by LT Morrison
- Different Loving: The World of Sexual Dominance and Submission by William Brame, Gloria Brame and Jon Jacobs
- Living M/s: A Book for Masters, slaves and Their Relationships by Dan and Dawn Williams
- Master/slave Relations: Handbook of Theory and Practice by Robert Rubel
- Master/slave Relations: Communications 401 by Robert Rubel
- Master/slave Relations: Solutions 402, Living in Harmony by Robert Rubel
- Protocols: A Variety of Views by Robert Rubel
- Real Service by Joshua Tenpenny and Raven Kaldera
- Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns: The Romance and Sexual Sorcery of Sadomasochism by Phillp Miller and Molly Devon
- SM101: A Realistic Introduction by Jay Wiseman
- The Control Book by Peter Masters
- The Loving Dominant by John and Libby Warren
- The New Bottoming Book by Dossie Easton and Janet W. Hardy.
- The New Topping Book by Dossie Easton and Janet W. Hardy.
- The Ultimate Guide to Kink: BDSM, Role Play and the Erotic Edge by Tristan Taormino
- This Curious Human Phenomenon: An Exploration of Some Uncommonly Explored Aspects of BDSM by Peter Masters
- Where I Am Led: A Service Exploration Workbook by Christina Parker
because education is always a good thing***
I’ve seen a few fashion posts trying to expand the “Marie Antoinette is not Victorian” rant, but this stuff can get complicated, so here is a semi-comprehensive list so everyone knows exactly when all of these eras were.
Please note that this is very basic and that there are sometimes subcategories (especially in the 17th century, Jacobean, Restoration, etc)
Visual Shoe Dictionary
More Visual Glossaries (for Her): Backpacks / Bags / Bra Types / Hats / Belt knots / Coats / Collars / Darts / Dress Shapes / Dress Silhouettes / Eyeglass frames / Eyeliner Strokes / Hangers / Harem Pants / Heels / Lingerie / Nail shapes / Necklaces / Necklines / Puffy Sleeves / Shoes / Shorts / Silhouettes / Skirts / Tartans / Tops / Underwear / Vintage Hats / Waistlines / Wool
So I stumbled across this really useful thing which I use for writing and wanted to share it with you all.
The eyes are often called, with some justification, ‘the windows of the soul’ as they can send many different non-verbal signals. For reading body language this is quite useful as looking at people’s eyes are a normal part of communication (whilst gazing at other parts of the body can be seen as rather rude). When a person wears dark glasses, especially indoors, this prevents others from reading their eye signals. It is consequently rather disconcerting, which is why ‘gangsters’ and those seeking to appear powerful sometimes wear them.
- When a person looks upwards they are often thinking. In particular they are probably making pictures in their head and thus may well be an indicator of a visual thinker.
- When they are delivering a speech or presentation, looking up may be their recalling their prepared words.
- Looking upwards and to the left can indicate recalling a memory. Looking upwards and the right can indicate imaginative construction of a picture (which can hence betray a liar). Be careful with this: sometimes the directions are reversed — if in doubt, test the person by asking them to recall known facts or imagine something.
- Looking up may also be a signal of boredom as the person examines the surroundings in search of something more interesting.
- Head lowered and eyes looking back up at the other person is a coy and suggestive action as it combines the head down of submission with eye contact of attraction. It can also be judgemental, especially when combined with a frown.
- Looking at a person can be an act of power and domination. Looking down involves not looking at the other person, which hence may be a sign of submission (‘I am not a threat, really; please do not hurt me. You are so glorious I would be dazzled if I looked at you.’)
- Looking down can thus be a signal of submission. It can also indicate that the person is feeling guilty.
- A notable way that a lower person looks down at a higher person is by tilting their head back. Even taller people may do this.
- Looking down and to the left can indicate that they are talking to themselves (look for slight movement of the lips). Looking down and to the right can indicate that they are attending to internal emotions.
- In many cultures where eye contact is a rude or dominant signal, people will look down when talking with others in order to show respect.
A guide to common terms used in describing tiaras
As promised, here’s the second part of the Slang List, but this one is dedicated to the slang of The Roaring Twenties, decade I personally love. I would like to thank this site for the help. If you want to read the slang of the 50s, click here! Hope you enjoy!
i dont think you guys appreciate how rad this site is
because first of all you got your basic fantasy and game race names for like
BUT AS IF THAT ISN’T ENOUGH
REAL NAMES WHICH ARE GOOD FOR BOOKS
AND THIS THERE’S MORE????
BAM, PLACE NAMES
AND STILL MORE
SO YOU SEE THESE LITTLE OPTIONS HERE
GO AND TRY TO HELP A GOOD PERSON OUT